Flowers & Fauna of the North Woods Through Bead Embroidery
Jo Wood’s approach to 'painting with beads' is a unique combination of tradition and innovation. Preview Jo's bead embroidery style on her website by visiting www.jowoodbeads.com
DatesNew! Sat, Feb 18, 2017 - Sun, Feb 19, 2017
$170.00 per student (Early-bird rate)
* The Feb 18, 2017 course is part of the Northern Fiber Retreat event
You will need the following tools for this class:
- A flower or fauna image to use for your bead embroidery design. You can bring a few but you’ll have to choose one. A printed photograph, picture from a magazine, or drawing will do. Electronic images do not work well for this class.
- Beads- seed beads in size 10 to 15 . Bring 8 or more colors. Choose a variety of surface finishes (opaque, matte, transparent, silver-lined, etc.) that work with your image.
- Scissors (small, sharp) (available for purchase @ North House School Store 888-387-9762)
- Reading glasses if you need them or magnification if that helps
- Bead Tray or beading blanket
- Samples of your needle art that you would like to share with the group
Jo loves gardening, walks in the woods, and every kind of textile art. An award winning bead and fiber artist, she has practiced her skills with needle and thread for over 40 years, making everything from tipis to wedding ensembles. She has shared her knowledge and passion for hand stitching with students both regionally and nationally since 1997. Jo is a bead artist inspired by nature. Through her work she shares her connection with the abundance, peace and beauty of this place. Visit her website!
More about Jo Wood