We believe that craft education should be accessible to anyone with an interest in learning.
The North House Folk School Scholarship fund has been made available through the donations of generous supporters who want to make courses available to all. While anyone with financial need is welcome to apply, the goals of the scholarship program are as follows (in no particular order): to increase the diversity of age and race in our student body; to offer opportunities to local residents of Cook County and Grand Portage, MN; to support the learning of those with professional aspirations in a particular craft area; and to make our programming available to those with financial need.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION UPDATE:
The scholarship application will reopen with our next course release on March 1, 2023. Eligible courses will be those falling between June and December, 2023.
NOTE: Recent course releases for the Northern Landscapes Festival in early June and the Sätergläntan visiting instructor courses in mid June are eligible for scholarships. Please call our Front Office at 218-387-9762 to register as a scholarship applicant for those courses and you will be linked to the application.
Scholarships are available at three levels.
- Half: half of tuition and materials.
- Full: full amount of tuition and materials.
- Full+: full amount of tuition and materials and $50 per course day to offset housing/transportation costs.
What to know about your application review and when you'll hear back:
- Limited funds are available for the two early course releases mentioned above and those applicants will receive word within two weeks of application submission.
- The March 1 course release application period will be March 1-31 and applicants can expect to hear word by mid April on if their application was funded.
Any award is pending scholarship funds being made available: if their application is not funded, the applicant will be notified and their registration will be cancelled.
An individual may receive one scholarship per year maximum. The amount of funding available per year will vary, and is determined by the Board of Directors through the budgeting process.
Questions? Email email@example.com.